Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Utilizing My Talents!

I am a teaching artist, which means that I teach dance, arts, poetry and step classes to kids and students of all ages. What fuels me to do what I do mostly is that we are not the titles we are given. You can easily chose to be "sick" and embody the characteristics of someone with a chronic illness. But that is not my motive. My motive is to move on my own terms keeping in mind that I am only a part time Lupus patient. I will not take the attitudes , depression and hardships around with me, carrying the weight on my shoulders. I have come to realize through spending time with kids, autistic, emotionall challenged and teenagers that if we can overcome our hardships they can as well and become what they want to be in life. Sometimes my kids drive me crazy and you definetly have to have alot of energy to put up with a room of 40 kids but If we wont overcome our problems what hope is it for them. I get up everyday and may be tired or not feeling well but as soon as I get into the dance room or class room it goes out of my mind. My love of dancing is stronger than the will to be in pain. I have lupus but lupus does not have me! So it better stand on the sidelines because I have things I have to do! wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment