Thursday, October 11, 2012

Brand New Start


What Is Lupus?Lupus is an Auto Immune disease, when the immune system attacks its tissues causing inflammation swelling, pain & damage. Due to the production of auto antibodies. It is a life long disorder of the immune system. Immune cells attack the bodies healthy tissues leading to inflamation & tissue damage. It also causes damage to the heart and vital organs. 
Why did you start this blog?
My original idea to start this blog emerged in my e-commerce class. But then a light bulb went off that I could use this to my advantage and power something I believe in. This blog is to help the lupus supporter and survivor and to provide helpful links. Along the lines of my lupus fight I found myself hard pressed to find resourceful links and information to guide me to help and to know that I am not alone. I had to do a lot of my own research and I wanted to make it easier for those with lupus to have access to other stories as well as helpful links to nyc foundations and events. Unfortunately there are many organizations who do different things but it makes no sense that we are not all together because "Aren't we all in a fight with a common enemy? " I utilize all of my resources and participate in all of the events I can as well as whatever interests me. Hopefully you will participate in this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment